Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED HELP WITH TAPI CTI APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizFoneGuy

Technical User
Aug 14, 2005
CA
I need to know if anyone has worked with the telephony API in visual basic? I'm trying link up to a system that is TAPI compliant and I'm familiar with Visual Basic and wondered if there was any easy way to interface with the data stream coming from the phone system. The information comes over the LAN. Any ideas or sample programs?

Check out this MSDN article:

TAPI Quick Start

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

If I was to load up initiatalize tapi, select an address, and register events, could I send whatever data stream comes from the system to my monitor for examination? Do you have to continually request or poll the unit in order to get information or once you're connected, will it just free flow information as I'm hoping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back