Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with software wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoyanderson

Programmer
Apr 18, 2004
US
Hello, everybody, I am developing a wizard with VC++ by using a series of dialog boxes. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can tell me, how I can get the program to remember what certain users inputted in different fields so if they want to press the back button to go to a previously viewed dialog, the inputs that they already entered will be on display in the edit boxes. Is this the whole serialization process? If so, do I have to make a serialization class for each field I want to be "memorized"?

Another question, how can I execute commands on the command prompt through VC++?

Check out CPropertyPage. It has a CPropertySheet::SetWizardMode method which let it behave as a...well...a wizard. Regard it as a single dialog (it inherits CDialog) that just changes appearance (ie you can store all what you need in the dialog). I believe the focus will be remembered (if not just store the focus info when dealing with the OnWizardNext call).

/Per
[sub]
"It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure."[/sub]

It has a CPropertySheet::SetWizardMode method"
should read
"There is a CPropertySheet::SetWizardMode method"

:-/

/Per
[sub]
"It was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure."[/sub]

If you want to execute commands through the command prompt in c++ you should be able to use: system().

For example system("\"c:\\somedirectory\\Regfile.reg\"");

That will open the registry file Regfile.reg in c:\somedirectory. I hope that helps. If you need more info on it just look up system() on msdn.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back