Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help With Script File!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kckronic21

Programmer
Jul 29, 2001
US
I need to place the following text into 85 drawings: "BT-1383". The text is part of a block attribute in the title block of all of the drawings. I want to know if there was a way to write a script that opens each drawing, places the text into the title block, closes the drawing, and goes to the next drawing. The drawing name format is as follows: 001.dwg,002.dwg,003.dwg,etc. Thanks!

Not with a script alone. You will need

1) A batch file to call each drawing in turn
2) A script file to tell AutoCAD what to do
3) A Lisp or VBA program to update the block

If you don't feel up to it yourself, I'll put some sample files together for you.

You will need to let me know the BLOCK name, the ATTRIBUTE name within the block, and also the text you want to put in the attribute

Nick
nick.hall@altasystems.co.uk

The Block name is called "Tool", The Attribute name is called "Tool#", and the text that I want to put in the Attribute is called "BT-1383". I also have another problem. The title block in each drawing varies in size. Some title blocks are 17x11, some are 8.5x11, and some are 24x18. Is there a way to get around this problem as well? Thanks!

When you say

> The title block in each drawing varies in size.
> Some title blocks are 17x11, some are 8.5x11,
> and some are 24x18. Is there a way to get around
> this problem as well?

Do the blocks all have the same name, but are drawn differently ?

Or do they have different names and you want to replace them with another block ?

Or something else ?

Also, can you let me have an email address so I can send you the files.

Nick
nick.hall@altasystems.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back