Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help with PRI T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnme

MIS
Dec 1, 2006
US
greetings...

we have 3 t1 with at&t for our 81C. sudeny this afternoon we get busy signal on all of DIDs peridoically. i called at&t, they told me in one of our T1, on channel 8, he is getting "message not accepting". he told me i have to check channel 8 on our T1. do you know how i can perform this routine. and how can i reset this T1. i know the loop which is loop 34. thank you in advance. please advise.

LD 60 and at the . you'll type STAT 34 That should show you all of your channels on your loop. I'm betting you don't see anything going on with channel 8 though. Also, if you need to take down that loop, don't forget to disable the DCH first in 96. Good luck!

thanks great help. i see ch 8 id dsbl. how can i enable it. thankss.

1 channel disabled shouldn't cause a problem.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

have to agree with the last post.. but if channel 8 is blocking? i've never saw that and the providers tech usually knows almost zero on the pbx side..

ld 60
lcnt

ld 60 stat..

shows all your t's and related hardware or clocking problems. i would have taken down the loop and reloaded the d. you've got to realize that channel 8 is not a true channel.. it's a time slot.. tdm 1.54 meg.. 64 k per clock pulse.. a single channnel problem is very rare.. i haven't seen one yet and i've been working with t's since the early 70's.. back then they were central office only

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back