Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help with my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan408

Technical User
Jul 24, 2006
US
hi room,
i just bought a new pc, so exciting to bring it up but it turned out there is no video at all after setting up...please help!!!
Motherboard PMB-601LF Protech System
Memory Wintec PC2-5300/1GB/E/R
Power Supply SPI 500W
CPU Intel Core 2 Dual 2.13GHz 1066Mhz FSB 2MB L2 Cache

Not enough information.

Is the Video Card on board the Motherboard or an add-on card?
Does the machine make any beeps when its turned on?
Is there any display at all, like just some text when you just turn it on?

Might be obvious, but is the monitor turned on, plugged in, connected to the PC?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

If it's new, take it back to the store.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Video card on board
there is no beep sound when i turn it on
nothing display at Monitor (LED light is still Yellow at Monitor)
Voltage supply is ok +5V +3.3V +12V

I got that CPU from my co-worker and the motherboard at Frys, so i don't know which one i have to return or exchange for a new one.

Are you sure you have all jumpers set correctly for CPU and Menory?

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

is there any jumper setting for these?
i already checked the user manual online i ain't see any jumper setting though.....

the thing is i m not sure the spark plugs failed or the engine failed... i need to figure it out step by step don't you think???

Do the fans Turn on? Try removing everything (drives,addon cards etc..) including memory, leave only processor, and turn on, If you get beeps (you should since there is no memory) then the motherboard is working, if you don't I would think the motherboard has some issues.

Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

yeah i already tried only motherboard and cpu no memory no drives no addon cards....when turn on power there is no beep at all....fan is on though...

If you get no beeps, that would mean there is something wrong with the motherboard.

if this is the case, then i'd have to go to Fry's and exchange for a good one. Anyway how do i know this time i'd get a working one? Is there any way to test if it is a good one or just bring back home plug everything and hope it will work though....
thanks alot for your input vacunita
have a good nite

How do you know the CPU is good?
Do you have the Fan plugged in?
Are you using a 24 pin power supply?
Did you try the procedure to Clear the BIOS in the manual?

I have seen some motherboards that will not respond, but if you clear the BIOS, then they work fine.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

It sounds like the square 4 conducter video power on the power supply is not plugged in.

hi ceh4702,
do you mean by clear the CMOS with Jumper setting? I already did and obviously it is not the case.
to ricefd,
there are 2 different power connectors one is ATX 24 and the other one is 4pin connector (+12V and gnd) which are already plugged in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back