Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with My flash movie clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernos

MIS
Jun 27, 2007
CA
Hi there,

I need some help trying to figure this out.

Basically I have a flash swf file (main.fla/main.swf) with 4 different movie clips.

I figured out how to make the movie clip stop on rollover but now I am stuck on trying to load some xml content in my flash swf file.

I have loaded xml in flash before but for some reason I cannot figure this one out.

I have included my flash source file for anyone that can help.
You can download it here:

Also Included is a file called "main-1-visual.gif" in a the folder called "What it should look like". I numbered the xml variables that need to be loaded:

1. The logo at the top
2. The title
3. The subtitle
4. The content text
5. Another title
6. Related links (This needs to link to specific URL links)

What I am trying to accomplish is this:

When you rollover one of the molecules (balls) that specific movie clip pauses (This works fines right now). BUT I also need to have a xml file specific to that molecule (ball) to load on the right side (see image "main-1-visual.gif") in it's appropriate movie clip. I also need the loaded xml to stay active until you rollover a different molecule (ball).

I tried this but I think actionscript I used for stopping the movie clip was conflicting with the actionscript I implemented for loading the xml.

Can anyone help please?
I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I can show you how to load the appropriate text as long as you want a text file to show this info, not sure how to do it via xml, I currently load dynamic text fields with text files. This allows me to change my website without having to rewrite my swf files

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back