Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with Modem Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kart00n

Technical User
May 21, 2003
AU
Hi All
I have a client with an ISA equinox SST I8 card connected to win 2003 server. The card installed great. I have the card connected to a modem pool. I can dial out from the Modems but when i dial in to them they have a busy signal. I have all the updated driver. Any idea?
Cheers

kartoon

Do you actually hear a busy signal?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Hi Matt
Yeah i do. I use the pool to recieve incoming connections. I dial it and yes i hear the busy signal. Thank you so much for your help.
Cheers

Contact the phone company, sounds like a line problem.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Hi Matt
that line works ok when i put a single modem on it. It just has trouble with the modem pool?
Cheers

Erick

So when you put a single modem on the line, it rings incoming no problem? Then one or more of the modems seem to be using the line, probably not disconnecting right.

Matt J.

Sound right. Any idea how i can manually hang them up
?
Cheers

What kind of modems and how many?

Matt J.

Hi There
1 have 6 modems connected and am not sure of the brand as they are in melb and i am doing it remotley. they seem to be standard 38.8 bps modems.
Cheers

You really need to test them one by one. Disconnect one for awhile, and monitor, then move on to the next, until you figure it out.

Matt J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back