Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with mic problem on IBM Thinkpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

awingnut

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
US
I have an old IBM Thinkpad running W2K. It works fine but I'm having a problem with the mic on my headset that I don't understand. The built-in mic works but when I plug in the headset mic it no longer recognizes there is a mic. The mic is good as it works on another machine. Can anyone suggest where I might look to figure out what is wrong? TIA.

My guess is that the MIC is a mono, and the headset is not. How does the headset MIC plug in, one plug or two?

Matthew Janes

Everything in its right place...

Thanks for the reply. No question that the mic has a 3 segment plug. But even if the IBM is mono, the jack should get an appropriate contact to one or the other. I did not pull the thing apart so one never knows. I'll stop by Radio Shack and see of they have some kind of 2 into 1 adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back