Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with IP Office 8.1 and FaxFinder 240-IP Setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuy88

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2012
US
First time user of FaxFinder (and working with faxing, period) and have a 240-IP model to interface with my IP Office 500v2 8.1.

Here's my setup
DID range of 3700-3759 from provider
30 users in the 3700-3740 ext range programmed into the IPO
16 channel PRI
5 existing analog fax machines and lines

The goal is to start routing faxes to user's email inboxes instead of the fax machines through the use of DIDs, but the fax machines will probably still be used in a more limited capacity.

I've been through multi-tech's step-by-step guide (attached) and have followed everything in my setup. Where I am getting confused is in the routing...

The guide has users with different extension ranges for faxing and phones. (21xxx and 31xxx) So when they program just one shortcode to route all the faxes to FaxFinder, it looks great, but my users have DID ranges that cover both phones and faxes. How do I best set this up to avoid conflict? All this routing has me thoroughly confused.

You will need voicemail pro if these did's match.
voicemail pro can detect faxes.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

They're setup with Embedded, they don't have a server to put Voicemail Pro on. Are you saying that without Voicemail Pro FaxFinder won't work? I didn't see that requirement anywhere before.

create a short code for each DID used for faxing instaed of a the ###N

Okay, so something like this?

Code: 1234563700;
Feature: Dial Fax
Tel #: 3700"@10.12.203.100" (the IP of my FaxFinder)

FaxFinder would have an extension labeled 3700 that routes to an email address.

And make one for each DID, right?

Do I need an ICR for each DID? The guide had me setup only one "catch-all" ICR that takes anything coming into the SIP line and sends it to the destination of "."

That is confusing. It's not explaining the part of how to route the DID to the short code. This is how I would do it.

set up SIP trunk to Faxfinder as described.

create the incomining call route as described. That routes the call from IP Office to Fax Finder the "." passes all info sent.

create the shortcode but create it for each DID used for faxing, I would match the shortcode to the Digits being sent. (in this case 4)
short code=1234;
feature =dial fax
number =1234"@10.12.203.100"
line group 17(or what ever the SIP trunk is)

The you need to create an incomming short code for the DID coming in from the outside world from the PRI.
incoming number = 1234 (or the total digots being sent)
line group = PRI line group
Destination would be the matching short code (1234)

That should be in coming call route

The you need to create an incomming call route for the DID coming in from the outside world from the PRI.

Okay, so if I'm understanding it correctly, it flows like this

Fax comes into the DID of 123-456-3700 over the PRI.

The IP Office matches the digits to the ICR of 123-456-3700 and verifies that it's on the PRI line group. It sends out to the destination (my short code) of *3700.

The shortcode *3700 then sends the digits 3700 over the SIP Line group to my FaxFinder IP address.

The FaxFinder receives the digits 3700 and then passes the fax along to the matching email address in its table.

Create 30 shortcodes
SC = 38XX
TN = 38N"@10.12.203.100"
Action = Dial
LineID = Incoming ID of th fax finder line

Create 30 AutoAttendants with two options
First AA is for user 3700
Name E3700
Don't forget to record a announcement
Actions
0 = Transfer to 3700
FAX = Transfer to 3800
Set a timeout of 4 seconds

repeat for all 30 users

Incoming Call route for DDI 3700
Destination = AA:E3700
Fallback Destination = 3700

Repeat for all DDI's

If a call comes in on DDI 3700 it will go to the AA, if it is a fax it will be recognized and transferred to 3800 which is a shortcode to the faxfinder, if it is a voice caller they can dial 0 or wait to be transferred to extension 3700.
That is how I would build it.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Unfortunately they have Embedded so I can't create that many auto attendants.

Home > Forums > Wiring Closet > Phone Systems > Avaya: IP Office Forum

Need help with IP Office 8.1 and FaxFinder 240-IP Setup

thread940-1695682

Share This

Forum

Search

FAQs

Links

Jobs

Whitepapers

MVPs

Read

Reply To
This Thread

Start A
New Thread

E-mail It

Print

Next
Thread

Check Out Our Whitepaper Library. Click Here.

PhoneGuy88 (IS/IT--Management)

12 Oct 12 15:14

First time user of FaxFinder (and working with faxing, period) and have a 240-IP model to interface with my IP Office 500v2 8.1.

Here's my setup
DID range of 3700-3759 from provider
30 users in the 3700-3740 ext range programmed into the IPO
16 channel PRI
5 existing analog fax machines and lines

The goal is to start routing faxes to user's email inboxes instead of the fax machines through the use of DIDs, but the fax machines will probably still be used in a more limited capacity.

I've been through multi-tech's step-by-step guide (attached) and have followed everything in my setup. Where I am getting confused is in the routing...

The guide has users with different extension ranges for faxing and phones. (21xxx and 31xxx) So when they program just one shortcode to route all the faxes to FaxFinder, it looks great, but my users have DID ranges that cover both phones and faxes. How do I best set this up to avoid conflict? All this routing has me thoroughly confused.

Thank PhoneGuy88
and star this post!

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

tlpeter (Programmer)

12 Oct 12 15:23

You will need voicemail pro if these did's match.
voicemail pro can detect faxes.
BAZINGA!

Thank tlpeter
and star this post!

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

12 Oct 12 15:25

They're setup with Embedded, they don't have a server to put Voicemail Pro on. Are you saying that without Voicemail Pro FaxFinder won't work? I didn't see that requirement anywhere before.

Thank PhoneGuy88
and star this post!

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

1043 (Vendor)

12 Oct 12 15:31

create a short code for each DID used for faxing instaed of a the ###N

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

12 Oct 12 15:39

Okay, so something like this?

Code: 1234563700;
Feature: Dial Fax
Tel #: 3700"@10.12.203.100" (the IP of my FaxFinder)

FaxFinder would have an extension labeled 3700 that routes to an email address.

And make one for each DID, right?

Do I need an ICR for each DID? The guide had me setup only one "catch-all" ICR that takes anything coming into the SIP line and sends it to the destination of "."

Thank PhoneGuy88
and star this post!

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

1043 (Vendor)

12 Oct 12 16:09

That is confusing. It's not explaining the part of how to route the DID to the short code. This is how I would do it.

set up SIP trunk to Faxfinder as described.

create the incomining call route as described. That routes the call from IP Office to Fax Finder the "." passes all info sent.

create the shortcode but create it for each DID used for faxing, I would match the shortcode to the Digits being sent. (in this case 4)
short code=1234;
feature =dial fax
number =1234"@10.12.203.100"
line group 17(or what ever the SIP trunk is)

The you need to create an incomming short code for the DID coming in from the outside world from the PRI.

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

1043 (Vendor)

12 Oct 12 16:30

That should be in coming call route

The you need to create an incomming call route for the DID coming in from the outside world from the PRI.

Inappropriate post?
If so, Red Flag it!

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

12 Oct 12 16:51

The IP Office matches the digits to the ICR of 123-456-3700 and verifies that it's on the PRI line group. It sends out to the destination (my short code) of *3700.

The shortcode *3700 then sends the digits 3700 over the SIP Line group to my FaxFinder IP address.

The FaxFinder receives the digits 3700 and then passes the fax along to the matching email address in its table.

that is correct.

1043, I will try your solution and let you know how it goes when we cutover next week.

sorry, copy and paste gone bad.

The FaxFinder receives the digits 3700 and then passes the fax along to the matching email address in its table

Thats how I would to it.

I read something as the DID is to be used for voice and fax... maybe I misunderstood.
You can create 40 AutoAttendants with embedded vm, that must be enough for 30 users.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Intrigrant is right.
Embedded can do fax detection too these days.

BAZINGA!

I implemented 1043's solution and it works great. Thank you for the help, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back