Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with HTML syntax in the Formula Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZacharyR

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2009
CA
Hi,

I am trying to add a bit of HTML code to a formula for a hyperlink.

The forumla i've come up with uses quotation marks to concatenate various text strings and fields to build the hyperlink.

However, I want to add the HTML code to spawn a new browser window - target="_blank"

The problem is that that particular code already has quotation marks in it....Crystal cannot differentiate between those quotes and the quotes i'm using to help build the link

Here is the link i've built:
"//10.60.13.80/documents/" + {DOCS_IMAGE_DETAILS.FOLDER_NUMBER}+ "/" + {DOCS_IMAGE_DETAILS.FILE_NAME}

I just want to append target="_blank" to it.....can someone help me out?

thanks!

Zach

Hi,
Single quotes often work fine, so try:
Code:
'//10.60.13.80/documents/' + {DOCS_IMAGE_DETAILS.FOLDER_NUMBER}+ '/' + {DOCS_IMAGE_DETAILS.FILE_NAME} + 'target="_blank"'

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

thanks for the help......you're right it does not distinguish between single and double quotes......but here's what i get when I try your code (slighty modified though)

Code:
'//10.60.13.80/documents/' + {HWIN_IMAGE_DETAILS.FOLDER_NUMBER}+ '/' + {HWIN_IMAGE_DETAILS.FILE_NAME} + ' ' + 'target="_blank"'

Link Generated:
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://10.60.13.80/hwinpaper/00001587/00001587_13.tif target=%22_blank%22[/URL]

thanks for the help......you're right it does not distinguish between single and double quotes......but here's what I get when I try your code (slighty modified though)

Code:
'//10.60.13.80/documents/' + {HWIN_IMAGE_DETAILS.FOLDER_NUMBER}+ '/' + {HWIN_IMAGE_DETAILS.FILE_NAME} + ' ' + 'target="_blank"'

Link Generated:
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://10.60.13.80/documents/00001587/00001587_13.tif target=%22_blank%22[/URL]

Looks like it still is recognizing the double quotes and replacing them with other characters...

Hi,
Does that link work? Perhaps an URLEncode or using the CHR() function for the " is needed..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back