Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kart00n

Technical User
May 21, 2003
AU
Hi All
Im having a real headache with this. I am trying to set up a form on our intranet that spits out data entered into it to an MS access DB. I cannot figure out how to do it. Could any one enlighten me on thi issue?

Cheers

Kart00n

Forms in HTML don't have the 'power' to spit out information from the database. You can retrieve information from a database into an object or array using server-side scripting and then output any kind of HTML formatting you want using that information. First thing you should do is learn which server-side scripting your server supports (php, asp, perl, coldfusion, jsp...) and then ask in a forum that deals with that language.

Search the asp forum and FAQs forum333 for the many threads on reading data from a database (assuming you are running IIS on windows of course).

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Hey guys
thanks for your help i thought that may be the case.
Cheers

Kart00n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back