Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with forms (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewcarter

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
Hi! My name is Stephen and I am new to the forums. If anyone can answer my question, it would be greatly appreciated, so here goes...

I have a weird situation...I am writing a program for my company using HTML and Adobe GoLive. My company has another program that writes various information and exports it as a text-only document in several folders selecting "year" "month" "day" of the year, at a rate of about 60 documents a day, with each as an individual document. My program is put on a small network written in HTML and JavaScript to view these documents at random for any given date. I took HTML handcoding in college and did pretty well. I also took Microsoft FrontPage, but I am using Adobe GoLive (self-taught).

I know where the document is, but I need something that will enable me to select the information off of a calendar through my program. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen,

It sounds like an ideal use for Perl, if I understand your problem correctly. Are you of a programming sort of mind?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I don't know perl but do OK with figuring things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back