Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED HELP WITH EX5.5 OWA SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysadmingirl

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
US
Hi All,

I have installed OWA component on the exchange 5.5 server but when I try to browse to it; it gives me the following error.

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)
Object required: 'Application(...)'
/exchange/USA/logon.asp, line 12

Can someone please please help me configure this right?!?

Thanks in advance

Are you using SSL ? Do you have a Certificate?

Hi everyone, MS-Exchange 5.5 user
the problem I have is that a staffmember writes an e-mail to others and when they reply to her message, only a few come through and the others dont show up at all.
the thing it is not allways the case just a few times...any suggestion where to look for

thank you
cpdtech

I would also see if some basic Webserver functions are operating to determine that IIS is actually working. If SSL is
enabled as the only access https is the conection needed a simple http to the server will fail unless you redirect it to the HTTPS page.

I'm not using SSL as of yet, I first want to get my OWA to work and then configure security later on.

Last night I applied SP4 again and restarted my server.
But no luck :(

Hi sysadmingirl,
looks like you need to apply (or re-apply)service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. There are OWA components that are fixed by the service pack. Even if the OWA component is not installed directly on the Exchange server, it is still required.

Good Luck!

ImWoody

OMG It worked!!!!

That patch works like a magic, thank you so much!

How can I configure it so that I don't have to put my password in 3 times before I get to my inbox.
I only want to be authenticated once.

Thanks again!!

Um, I'm not too sure what you're talking about there. When I go to my OWA servers webpage, I enter my username and after pressing enter am confronted with a dialog box asking for a username and password. The username should be entered in the format of "domain\username" and the password should just be the users domain password.

Is this comming up multiple times?

I'mWoody

Remember to backup your web folder for OWA (If you make cosmetic changes) and shut down World Wide Web Publishing Service and IIS admind before applying the Service pack.

It is a good Idea to run the IIS lockdown tool (available free from microsoft) after you get it running.

KP

Where are you connecting to Do you get first a pop up that ask for authentication and then a webpage that ask for atuhentication and then the pop up again? You may want to play with your IIS Directory security of the site (Under IIS, right click on the website\Properties\Directory Security\Authentication). Try to only allow anonymous access and disabling Integrated Authentication. Exchange 5.5 has its own authentication page.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

The defauly Authentication for OWA is the username
then a second dialogbox with the domanin\username

KP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back