Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need HELP with email alerts(without IMS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtpurcell

Technical User
Mar 20, 2004
CA
Having problems setting up web alets to work,i do not have IMS and am using Outlook as my Email client.I have the job aid but i'm still having problems.Can anyone help or step me threw it? Also I have put in the user's email in Manager and selected Alert under the voicemail tab. Thanks!!

What version of Outlook, try and stick to a version below Office Xp otherwise for MAPI to work you have to create a public security folder to enable mapi, you also have the option of SMTP under 2.0(18) build

Hope this helps, Also look under the FAQ section of this forum !!

ipo.gif

General rules for VM-Email

1) make sure the VM Pc has a valid e-mail account & Mapi Client (another post in this forum sugests that outlook does not enable MAPI in internet only mode)

2) If Using VM Pro Make sure that the VM service is logging on as the correct user- the local user with the VM account

3) As MrIPO sugests if possible use the SMTP option instead

If you are using Outlook 2000 Email client SP 2 or greater there is security built into the OL to prevent the outlook accessing mapi.
We recommend you us OL 98/97 on the VM PC to avoid the security issues

[cheers]

Hi,
Can't see an option anywhere in VM Lite to use SMTP instead of MAPI. Is there one? A reg hack perhaps?
Cheers, Mogman.

Mapi only on VM Lite the SMTP option is only VM Pro.

What version of Outlook and service pac

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back