Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with Director .. reading intxt files and report print

Status
Not open for further replies.

roytheboy

Programmer
Aug 18, 2002
GB
Hey peeps.

I really need help with

reading a txt file into director to populate tickboxes and text boxes. I have had this working before but on a director machine only ... would not work on another.

@@@@@@@@@

I'm building a director application that runs as a standalone projector that has a lot of radiobuttons and checkboxes in. I have to be able to save these selections to a text file and for when the user revisted their previous selections are already selected!

I've managed to create a string with all the values of the selections in that looks something like this:

q1radio = YES
q2radio = NO
q3radio = NO
q1check = 0
q2check = 1
q3check = 0
q4radio = YES
q5radio = NO
q6radio = NO
q4check = 0
q5check = 0
q6check = 1

and once the string is complete I write it to text file using this:

setPref(VarNameofUser,mytextstring)

This all works fine! The problem is that when I use GetPref to retrieve the text file I don't know how to use the info to check/uncheck the relevent radio buttons. On another forum I have been suggested to split the string into an array. But I must be doing something wrong as I can't get it to work!

Has anyone got any suggestions?

@@@@@
another thing

@@@@@

I've got a movie with a print button that when its clicked I need it to print what on the screen on frames 20-25.

Looking at the Director Documnetation I think the PrintFrom method is capeable of doing this, but I can't get it to work.

OR

someone please suggest a way that I could get a printed report from these frames with dynamic content (I'm reading information from a text file)

Please help peeps... REALLY REALLY URGENT

THanks

R

ah right, I think I get you. Thanks for that. I'll have a little play, but I might have to pick your brain if I get stuck (if you don't mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back