Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with DateSerial

Status
Not open for further replies.

alguzman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I'm trying to find out the due date for members in my database. I have two due dates. The first due date is June first for those members that joined before 1/1/02. Our renewal cycle changed after 1/1/02 to an annual due date based on the month they joined. So if a member joined in feb 2002 then their due date this year would be feb 2005.

Below is what I've been working with in my query.

DueDate: IIf([Membership]<#1/1/2002#,DateSerial(Year(Date()),6,1),DateAdd('yyyy',1,[Membership]))

What this seems to do is add a year to their join date.

But if the join date is feb. 2002 then the renwal date is Feb 2003, what I need to see is Feb 2005 since Feb 2003 and 2004 are past. I'm having a hard time tweaking this iff statement. This is the first time I'm using DateSerial so I don't know much about it.

Any help would be great.

Something like this ?
IIf([Membership]<#1/1/2002#, DateSerial(Year(Date()),6,1),
DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([Membership]),Day([Membership])))

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

That got me closer but the draw back here is that for those members after jan. Example is, join date jan 5, 2002. Using DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([Membership]),Day([Membership])))would show me the next due date of jan 2004 which is incorrect. It should be jan 2005. It works perfect for the other months like August to December.

Maybe this ?
IIf([Membership]<#1/1/2002#, DateSerial(Year(Date()),6,1),
IIf(Format([Membership],"mmdd")<=Format(Date(),"mmdd"),
DateSerial(1+Year(Date()),Month([Membership]),Day([Membership])),
DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([Membership]),Day([Membership]))))

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thank you for all your help, it works out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back