Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help with data in cyrillic font

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxitaly

Programmer
Jan 4, 2003
IT
I need to manage product descriptions data in more languages and one of them as to be Russian,

I have no idea how to handle cyrillic font in a table

Any suggestion ???

what do you mean 'handle cyrillic font in a table' ?
more details please

I mean that products descriptions has to be in more than one language ( english, french, german, spanish, and RUSSIAN

thats mean that I have to handle cyrillic fonts in a table and manage queries in russian and so on

the database has to be web interfaced with form and so on

I Know how to set the computer in order to write in russian but what settings for the database tables

if all other languages are Latin based then you can during installation of sql server set Server Collation - Cyrillic_General

Set up or amend your description column to have a
data type of 'nchar' or 'nvarchar' and a collation sequence of 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' or 'SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS' depending on if you want case insensitivity or not. (ignoring single quotes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back