Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with Common Dialog Box - Save As

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry

Programmer
May 2, 1999
AU
Visit site
I am currently having troubles trying to figure out how to write the code for the save command.<br>
I have managed to get the common dialog box happening... and i know that i need to write the code to actually make the program save... but where do i write that code and what codes do i need?<br>
<br>
I also need help on incorporating the filename that the user chooses (to save the files in) into my code - there doesn't seem to be any variable for it...<br>
<br>
I am not sure if i am making any sense as i haven't had much experience with this programming language.<br>
<br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Common Dialog Box is an activex control with properties that represents what was selected. If you don't have the sdk that describes what they are, you can view the controls from a debug window and see its property names and contents.

If you need more specific info just let me know...
[tt]
'Assumes CD is the name of the common Dialog control
CD.ShowSave 'Show the save dialog box
filename$ = CD.filename 'Get the filename
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back