Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with column report

Status
Not open for further replies.

andie18

MIS
Aug 14, 2001
US
Hello,

I need to write a report that goes into a goldmine database and count history events such as calls, appts, sales, etc... and display it per week based on a date range. I know how to do all of that - it is the way that they want it displayed that I an clueless on doing.

What they want is:

Joe Schmoe

7/4/03 7/11/03 7/18/03 7/25/03
Calls 8 5 3 2
Appts 3 2 4 6
Sales 6 4 9 6
Sales Won 2 2
Units won 200 400
Sales Lost
Units Lost

You get the idea. The information all comes from one table.
Can someone help? How do I get it to display like this?

TIA for the help!

Andie,

It seems to me like a cross tab will help you out here.

Set your date to columns, which are grouped by week. Set the rest to rows with the appropriate summaries.

Let us know if cross tabs leave you exposed in any way.

All the best,

Naith

And a cross-tab report will work with parameters for date range? I normally include 2 parameters in these reports. Begin date and End date then tell the select expert thingy to just give me stuff greater or equal to Begin Date and Less or equal to End Date.

thanks by the way.

P.S. I am waiting to get access to that other network with the timesheet report that will never die. I will let you know when i do

You nearly lost me with techie words like "thingy" and "stuff", but yes, you can use date parameters as a selection criteria just like you would with a regular report. Give it a whirl and see for yourself.

Try to get in the habit of using the Record or Group Selection criteria from the Report/Edit Selection Formula menu, rather than the Select Expert. It's more reliable.

Naith

Hello All,

I have a doubt. Pls do clarify this for me.

I have created a crosstab query like in the example which andie18 has given

Calls 8 5 3 2
Appts 3 2 4 6
Sales 6 4 9 6
Sales Won 2 2
Units won 200 400
Sales Lost
Units Lost

If the dates are from numerous say for 6 mths then it will display numerous records. In that case,

I would like to break the reportso that it displays in seperate pages. For eg:

In page 1:

Calls 8 5 3 2
Appts 3 2 4 6
Sales 6 4 9 6
Sales Won 2 2
Units won 200 400
Sales Lost
Units Lost

In page 2

8/4/03 8/11/03 8/18/03 8/25/03