Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help With Cisco 1751

Status
Not open for further replies.

DETHKING

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2003
US
I have a Cisco 1751 with only one WIC-1DSU-56K card in it. I had configured it for point-topoint frame-relay about 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine ,tested to remote site perfectly and stayed that way 24/7, until today! Nothing has changed including enviroment and confiuration(triple checked config). Now I can not ping s0/0 or beyond. Lights on card show that my frame-relay conn. is hot. Even if it was not hot i should still be able to ping the WAN side of router. All lights are green on card and router. Have no prob. pinging ethernet side. Rebooted router, reseated WIC-1DSU-56K card, with no results. Please anything would help!

Sounds like you have a frame relay problem, couple of items to check:

`Sh int s0/0' look for LMI, is it acitve? Is the line protocol up?

`sh ip int brief' are all the interfaces active?

`sh int s0/0.??' where ?? is the sub-interface, check the status.
`Sh frame-relay PVC', look at the PVC status and the last time it changed.

Post up the output of these commands if your not sure.

If the frame-relay PVC is down the point to point subinterface goes to the down state, and you would not be able to ping the local interface in this state.

The LMI should not be a factor with frame relay since 11.2 IOS you should not have to configure LMI I think it defaults to Cisco or IETF. 1751 is a monster sometimes I have have bad boards and had to RMA through the smartnet. One way to check would be calling TAC and send them your config. SH RUN, SH VER, and SH TECH. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back