Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with Arc Serve and Dell DLT AUto Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

wextech

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2001
US
We have a Dell Power Vault DLT Loader annd running Arc Serve on Win 2000 to back up.... when I submit a job to backup it says
"6300 Windows NT SCSI PORT Error"
and

"Module:
Media Engine

Explanation:
Problem with sending a SCSI command to SCSI device."
Any suggestions are welcome and any help is appreciated.

Which DLT autoloader are you running? 120T, 130T? A couple of things to check right away. IS the device being recognized on boot-up? Check to see if the DLT drivers are loaded. For ARCserve to control the autoloader the drivers must NOT be installed. Also check to see what mode the autoloader is running in. Are you using the tape library option? Be sure you are using a differential SCSI card (high voltage card). I believe we use the adaptec 2944U model. There are 2 modes that you can set the autoloader to run in. sequential I believe is one I can't remember the other. I believe if you run in sequential mode ARCserve sees the library as 1 volume and does not run properly. You will need to set it to the other setting. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for the information.. will surely check on that one.

Thanks for the information will surely check on that one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back