Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with 'ADRC Data Recovery Tools 1.0'

Status
Not open for further replies.

namelessone2

Technical User
Oct 1, 2006
AU
My brother recently deleted one of my folders (accidentally) containing about 4Gb worth of stuff. About 3 quarters of it is from sites that have closed down and some from a mail-list that doesn't keep archives of files they send.

What I need is a program to recover the lost files WITH the directory/file-structure intact.

I found one program called 'ADRC_Data_Recovery_Tools_v1.0' which says it does just that, I put it on C:\ (the deleted stuff is on E:\) and it has found 10,000+ deleted files on C:\ but when I ask it to check E:\, it just finishes the search instantly and there are no results (no error message either).

Now, I also found a program called 'Restoration V3.2.13' which has found over 140,000(!) deleted files on E:\ but it can only recover individual files, not the folder/directory structure as well.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, otherwise could someone point me to either a free program that can recover deleted files & folders with the directory/folder structure intact, or a forum like this one that deals with deleted files and the like.

I need help URGENTLY!!!
I've only got a day and a half to get this fixed!
(suggestions after this time would still be appreciated however)

Thanks,

Nameless_One

I used File Scavenger - pro license 179 US

* Sorry about the other post I made - I found that I'd missed out an important bit of info I'd learned and couldn't tell how to edit my existing post.

I left out this:
* I've just used 'Turbo File Uneraser' to do a simple scan only and it comes up with : "ERROR: Couldnot read MFT Record 912571"

* Could this be why 'ADRC_Data_Recovery_Tools_v1.0' couldn't find anything?

Thanks to both Freestone and Jdam for your replies.
I've tried 'PC INSPECTOR', which came up with just the basic root directory (the folders I can already see in Windows Explorer), but the Searched, Lost and Deleted folder contained nothing. (This was searching the logical E: drive)

I also tried both File Scavenger and GetDataBack and they both seemed to find most of the stuff I was looking for (the folders were re-named, but I recognized enough of the contents to remember which folder it was and where it went).
The only problem is that you can't actually restore (save) any of the files without the proper (full) version.

I'm kinda embarrassed to ask this, but I'm really desperate here.
Would anyone be willing to give me the serial number or a crack for either File Scavenger or GetDataBack (NTFS)?
I'm really desperate here and I don't have enough money to buy them at the moment, not to mention the fact that I don't have a credit card and live in Australia, so it makes it a little difficult even if I had the money.

----------
* If you need more information or something I've said doesn't make sense, please say so and I'll try to elaborate or clarify.

Once again, I'm still in need of an urgent reply and it would still be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nameless_One

Personal edition is 50 bucks from their website and you can restore immediately. they email you the license file or you can download it after payment. Sorry.

i accidentally deleted some important files (mostly in the microsoft word format) from my mac hardrive. is there any freeware data software for macs that will recover my files??

Sorry Freestone, I normally wouldn't, it's just I'm really desperate, really low on cash, and I've got the rest of the family breathing down my necks to get this sorted out cos they want to use the computer. (it's the 'family's') (I've managed to keep them off it for a week or so)

1. Would anyone happen to know the right site to ask that sort of 'favor'.

2. Jdam, I did a quick search for File Scavenger & the demo I found says that it has a 64-kb file limit - I assume that's only in the demo? And is that $50 US? Cos I'm in Australia and currently unemployed, that's the only reason I was asking for a crack or serial number in the first place.
If I could afford to buy it, I would do so without a problem.

I'll have a look, where did you get File Scavenger (website)?

Sorry folks, one last thing.

GetDataBack has a lovely feature where you can save the progress of a search, so I've saved the search which has found almost all of the stuff I want to get back (some of the foldernames are gone but the sub-folders within them are still named correctly and are enough to recognise what the outer folder was called)

Anyway, I assume there's no way I can use the saved search with another program?

File scavenger is US dollars.
Visual studio has a command line undelete command:

There is some other stuff at microsoft.com that may be able to help.

As for the MAC question?

claims to have a product called fileSalvage to recover deleted files from a mac computer.
also

or

try apple.com and then support. search their website for "recover deleted files". tones of stuff comes up that you could try.

Quick question: My E:\ (the one with the data I want to recover) is NTFS, while C:\ (the drive I'm recovering to) is FAT-32. Is this going to cause a problem to the data I'm recovering?

And, assuming it doesn't and everything is recovered to C:\ just fine, what happens to the data then?
Is it changed to FAT32 or does it remain NTFS?
And what happens if it is changed to FAT-32 and I transfer it back to E:\ (the NTFS drive that it was originally lost on)?

A quick reply would be appreciated cos I'm hoping to have it sorted out by the end of the weekend.

Thanks,

Nameless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back