Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with adding a fibre attached disk to aix 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwheeler

Programmer
May 20, 2008
US
I have an infortrend connected to a p-series aix system, and the infortrend shows up as hdisk2.

My problem is that I have no clue how to mount it. I'm planning on populating the infortrend with a lot of data to do something tape library testing, and will be using the infortrend on multiple aix systems.

I know how to mount/create filesystem in hp-ux, solaris, linux, and windows, but doing it in aix is evading me.

I'm fairly new to aix, and I can't seem to find the info I need.

Any help will be appreciated.

Google for AIX LVM and find/read a tutorial...

You also may find the info in this thread useful: thread52-1510186

And HP-UX? Doesn't that use a similar LVM to AIX? Ok maybe the commands are named differently but it is basically the same thing...

HTH,

p5wizard

This should help you on your way. see the LVM section

Mike

"Whenever I dwell for any length of time on my own shortcomings, they gradually begin to seem mild, harmless, rather engaging little things, not at all like the staring defects in other people's characters."

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! I got everything figured out. Now to just put some data on the disks.

I just wasn't looking for the right info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back