Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help with a Theory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprogg2001

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
GB
Hello

Im sorry if this is not exactly the right place to post this but this is a confusing request.

I really need some help with a sort of technical presentation I have been asked to make and I really need some tips and ideas.

The below infomation is all I have and I desperatly need help on it.

The question is a follows

Scenario:

You have received an urgent call from one of the senior account managers. His new laptop has suddenly become very slow. It takes a while to open email, attachments and web pages. He is adamant he has done nothing to the laptop to cause this slow down and wants you to ‘fix it’

The brief

The laptop is relatively new and a good spec. (1gb Ram, 1.7ghz mobile processor, 80gb hard drive).

The sales team are used to using laptops on the road, which could include using the VPN in hotels, coffee bars, and airports or at home.

The laptops all have anti virus installed as standard.

Access to the machine is restricted; CD drive and USB ports are locked down. However the sales team can install software on their laptops.

The Presentation

Please provide an overview of the steps you would go through to attempt to identify the product and make recommendations as to how to ensure the problem is mitigated in the future.

So you see, any hints tips pointers or comments would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

1) Monthly Ghost Image on seperate partition of the hard drive.
2) Monthly Inspection by IT (remotly if needed) to run alternate AV (EWIDO, STINGER) and clean out temp files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back