Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help with a % Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2001
CA
My boss asked me for a report stating percentage of calls that are closed. I have created a cross tab listing calls rated by status (open closed and monitoring). The cross tab lists the totals, how do i create a formula that can pull the total number of calls and divide it by the "closed" total to get a percentage of what are closed???

I would like to keep this in a crosstab if possible because the report is for multiple groups IE: helpdesk, desktop, etc.

THANKS

Hello

I have to do this a lot and figured this work around - not sure why it works but it does!

For this example, let's say we want the % of smokers in a group of people. I would create a formula called %smokers and it would be # smokers * 100/# people. Then in the cross tab I would select that field but make it a weighted average of # people and then I format the field to show as a %. HTH

MoJoP

Is there a way i can bring in the numbers that already exist from my cross tab??

this what my cross tab looks like:

Grp Open Closed Monitor Total % Closed
HD 2 4 1 7 ???
DT 1 5 0 6 ???

any ideas / help???

You can't do this in a cross-tab.
But you can do this in a manual cross-tab.
See my FAQ on common formulas ( faq149-243 ) for use of manual cross-tabs. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back