Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help using Rupplynx 5.0 with Sharp YO-610 > I support a user tha

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmac

MIS
Jul 7, 2000
US
Need help using Rupplynx 5.0 with Sharp YO-610<br>&gt; I support a user that has a Sharp Model YO-610 and is using Rupplynx 5.0. His model is not listed in the software, but he has selected Model YO-550 in the File<br>Preferences area.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are having difficulties getting the File Transfer and Backup to work.&nbsp;&nbsp;After pressing Transfer or Backup, the screen says &quot;waiting&quot; and never changes.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have made sure that the PC Link is started on the<br>Sharp device and we are connected to Com1.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have cold booted the computer several times, while trying to get this to work.<br>Ruplynx tells me:<br>&quot;The YO-610 organizer does not function the same way as the YO-550 organizer. When installing the RuppLynx software you should select either the YO-600 organizer or the YO-620 organizer. The reason being is that the YO-6xx organizers are not truly YO organizers at all. They actually belong to the Sharp OZ-8000 series of organizers from Sharp.&quot;<br><br>The problem is that I do not have those choices.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am not sure what to do or try next.<br><br>Has anyone else seen or dealt with this?<br><br>

You need to reinstall Rupplynx 5.0 and you will get the full list of possible organizers that can be used with Rupplynx. Once Rupplynx is installed you can only select those organizer models that you have selected at installation time.

Hope this helps,

Walter

Thanks. I already did that and was successful.

I have found my very old YO-620 organizer. But have no instuction manual-Where is the battery located?

I returned the organizer to the user and we have no manual either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back