Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help using qbsock

Status
Not open for further replies.

lived

Programmer
Jun 6, 2000
CA
i did download qbsock to program using socket over the internet but i think i've miss some library because the simgle program telnet.bas don't work and i can't find information on qbsock please tell me what i need

i dont need help anymore i figured out myself how to do my irc chat program.

and this is through QB4.5?, man I'd be interested in seeing some example code. qbsock with the 4.5 package? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

but you'll need a DOS PPP dialer right? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

n/m I went through that site, mentions an abstraction layer. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

I have seen some things in the past, where you can do it through a DOS PPP Dialer. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

Yes, it's possible.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've seen 2 major ways in which this was accomplished.&nbsp;&nbsp;One is using a Win32 helper program that delivers Winsock data packets to and from a file that is used as the interface between V86 mode and pmode (Windows).&nbsp;&nbsp;The other way is to use a DOS PPP + TCP/IP stack-- I've contacted a Swiss QB coder who did this using something called DOSPPPD [don't recall the exact name here]'s non-RFC compliant interrupt-based TCP/IP interface.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've thought of a third way that uses the realmode INT 2Fh based Windows clipboard interface, which I would guess would be faster than a file-based one.&nbsp;&nbsp;I haven't gotten to implementing it though.<br><br>--Toshi<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back