Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help to get backup status via Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd77

Technical User
May 17, 2007
GB
Hi all,

We are into the process of scripting , and we require to check the backup status in client. I know whenever backup completes it will append a log in /nsr/logs/daemon.log in NWserver or it will generate a file in /nsr/tmp/sec/sg in NWserver.

My question is : is it possible to get any logs or updates in NWclient, once its backup completes..? or if the backup fails, will it update anywhere in the client..?
Can one please tell me how to enable this option...?

Thanks in advance....
Pd77.

Hi,

There is nothing logged for a normal file backup on the client itself.

What about the "Owner notification" in the client resource. Have you had a look at that?

Hi Rif123:

Thanks for your reply. but iam new to the networker. Can you please bit more specific about this owner notification. Can you please tell me how to enable it..?

Regards,
pd77.

Sure,

On the backup server you have defined your client. In this client resource, on the second tab called preferences (or globals depending on version you are running) there is a field called owner notification.

Here you can specify what to happen with the log entries after a backup. You can either send an email, log to a file or specify a script that should run. Your options are enormous :)

There are also notifications called bootstrap, save group etc you can have a look at under "Notifications" (it's own category and not under Clients) to see more how the owner notifications can be set up. Have a look at the action fields under the other notifications to get a start.

Thanks a lot Rif123... You are a legato Master!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back