Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help to exclude two items when calculating total

Status
Not open for further replies.

COOLIGHT

MIS
Apr 11, 2008
US
hi, i want to calculate the total cases of the shipment for one invoice, excluding two items TAX and SHIP. I also want to add text "Cases" behind sum qty. My formula is below and it does not work. can anyone help me here? thanks

if {SO_InvoiceWrk.ItemCode}<>"TAX" and {SO_InvoiceWrk.ItemCode}<>"SHIP" THEN Sum ({SO_InvoiceWrk.QuantityShipped})+"Cases"

Hi,
One problem is in the concatenation, instead of yours use:
ToText(Sum ({SO_InvoiceWrk.QuantityShipped}))+"Cases".

Numbers cannot be concatenated with strings...
BUT:

Where are you using this formula?

Try a formula like:
Code:
if 
({SO_InvoiceWrk.ItemCode}<>"TAX" and {SO_InvoiceWrk.ItemCode}<>"SHIP" )
THEN 
{SO_InvoiceWrk.QuantityShipped}
Else

Place this in your details section ( you can suppress its display) and insert a Summary of it ( using the SUM operator)-

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I just want to put the total cases of shipment on the invoice. But I have item#tax and ship. I want to exclude TAX and ship when I calculate the total case. I hope this will be clear for you guys to help me.

Item# Description Cases Price Amount
100312 Chardonnay 10 50 200
110012 Cabernet 12 60 720
Tax Excise Tax 1 2.10 2.10
Ship Freight charge 1 20 20

Total ? 944.10

Turkbear gave you the correct solution. Did you try it?

-LB

I do not think Turkbear's solution works. I need the sum of total cases excluding tax and ship.

item description case
10010 chard 1
10020 cab 2
ship 1
tax 1
total ?

And what was the result you got with Turkbear's solution? Because it is the correct approach--unless you have suppressed data. You would just place his formula in the detail section->right click->insert summary->sum and choose the group level (if you want it at a group level) or grand total level.

-LB

After I ran Turkbear's solution, item#TAX and SHIP are gone from the invoice and the total is just the number of last item of the invoice. I want to ITEM#TAX and SHIP on invoice, but the total excludes SHIP and TAX. Turkbear's solution does not have the total.

thanks

Ok,
Create that formula and add it to the details like I posted ( suppressed) and SUM it..BUT also be sure the Item field is also in the Details...

My formula, by itself, would not prevent the TAX and SHIP from showing....

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

You have to create Turkbear's formula in the field explorer->formula->new, and then place it in the detail section and right click and insert a summary ->sum on it. It sounds like you are mistakenly using it in a suppression or selection formula area.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back