Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help to change "modal" property

Status
Not open for further replies.

pduncan

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
I have been asked to update an access app that was written by a contractor who is long since gone. He has set the forms in this app with an interesting (yet annoying) property - and I haven't figured out how to change it.
While I am working on this, I would like to change this property so that the application is easier to work with - then change it back (because it's kind of cool).

What he has done - something is set where the form that is open is "modal" (may be using the wrong description) - you cant click on anything else while the form is open. Also - you can't right click on the forms title-bar and go into design mode.

If someone can please tell me what is going on here it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

OK - my bad - I found the "Modal" prop - and that took care of not being able to click on other forms -

can anyone tell me how to enable the "right-click" on title prop?

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

One guess starts with the modal and pop up properties of the form.

Next, one way of eliminating the right-click-design is setting the shortcut menu property of the form to no, it could also be achieved through something like mstrmage1768's faq faq702-1870. I suppose API's might also be used.

Roy-Vidar

Thanks - it was the shortcut menu.
I have learned the hard way to not change things unless I know what they are. Do you know where one could go to learn more about all the various properties available on a form?

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

When in VBE (Alt+F11) open the Object browser window (F2), browse the left pane to find the Form class and then feel free to play with the F1 key when browsing the right pane.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

How are ya pduncan . . . . .
[ol][li]In form design view, call up the properties for the form and have a look at the Other Tab.[/li]
[li]In VBA, search the entire DB for:
Code:
[blue][purple][b]DoCmd.OpenForm[/b][/purple][/blue]
For the forms of interest, remove any [purple]acDialog[/purple] in:
Code:
[blue]DoCmd.OpenForm "FormName", , , , , [purple][b]acDialog[/b][/purple][/blue]
you find.[/li][/ol]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Thanks PVH and AceMan1 - both of you have really helped me greatly in the past and I really appreciate all your suggestions and your help

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

When you've got the properties dialog of the form, a control or whatever, check the statusbar when you move between different properties. Not satisfied? Hit F1;-)

Roy-Vidar

Thanks Roy-Vidar.

Thanks,
PDUNCAN
Memphis, TN - USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back