Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help splitting large worksheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

antihippy

Technical User
Aug 29, 2003
GB
Guys,

I need your help. I have several large spreadsheets (11 to be exact) which I need to prepare prior to distribution to a client.

The problem is this.

I need to split the large worksheet down to a number of smaller worksheets based upon criteria in the the large sheet.

The first 2 columns are region and country.

The first split is by region the 2nd is by country. The client will be receiving a seperate book for each region and each book will containg a number of worksheets - one for each country in each region.

I'm not sure what the best way of doing this is. Sure I could copy and paste it - but would you want to do that everytime these reports are run?

antihippy,

I'm prepared to help set up an automated process.

But in order to deal with this effectively, the best approach is for you to email a copy of your file. This can then be modified and returned.

If the data is "sensitive", just include a small number of records, and replace any sensitive data with fictitious data. The fictitious data should still reflect the various types of data you need to extract to separate worksheets.

Hope this helps.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

I've done so much of this and have a code written.
Need more detailes, though...
Where id data coming from, query ?
Respond if you still looking for an answer.
Or I suppose Dale took care of it already ?
Then star should be awarded !

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back