Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help setting up squirrel system...please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theability

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
US
Ok this is where I stand, give the low down...

I have till monday to figure out if I can do the following (since the squirrel people have no respect for appointments they make)
I need to know if I am capable of doing this project without their help...Setting up the entire establishment with the squirrel system that was left from the prior place. Installing the terminals setting up the squirrel box (I would assume this is where the octals are) and configuring the system in a two week period.

I have tremdous ability to learn quickly under pressure. Also know computer quite well. The part that I don't know is the hardware of the squirrel even though I have used it on the front of house side.

I have broken this down into a few parts for futher analysis: 1.) server 2.)squirrel box 3.)cat5 cables 4.)cable-ends 5.)cable junctions 6.) terminals 7.) printers 8.) configure system for opening
This is the best work in squence I can figure. so what do you think can this be done (know it has already) where should I start in my proposal and how much time do you think it would take?

any ideas are appreciated... if you need anything else in terms of information ask I will be monitoring..I HAVE TWO DAYS TO FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

-ability thanks!!!!!

well the owner wishes to use the existing system and again squirrel is difficult to get ahold of... new systems way to much for his budget at the moment.

thanks..anyone else???

Does the old system still work and include the restaurant database. If it is still intact or if you have a back-up of the existing database you should be able to use the basic structure for all your new (menu/personel/and cofig) files the structure between restaurants are all pretty similar if not the same. Is the new menu file ready to inputted- if it is done the you can start planning your database setup.
Have you tried to boot up the existing system?

Not to sure how much I can help but I used to work for a Squirell dealer. It is also past your deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back