Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help setting up Activesync for connection with Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyguy69

Technical User
Nov 3, 2005
US
I run my own Exchange 2003 server at home for my wife's business. We recently bought 2 Droids and I am trying to set them up to connect/sync with my Exchange Server. Im using the Droid application called Touchdown. It uses Activesync to accmplish the synchronization. I have tried to Google, but have not hit on a good link to tell me how to install/configure activesync on my Exchange 2003 server.

Hopefully someone in the forum can help me out

Jeff

I tried Touchdown and went back to the basic Droid email app. It connects to Exchange very well. You just have to update your password on the phone whenever you change your windows password. We just sync to the OWA site.

That link that Topkapi provided will probably be useless to you.

This would be more helpful:

If you have an SBS 2003 server, then things are probably already set up properly. The only thing you might be missing is a public certificate. You can get one cheaply at GoDaddy if you don't already have one for your server's public name.

If you don't have SBS 2003, then ActiveSync will still probably be in pretty good shape with the default settings, but you will also want that certificate.

If you want to know if your server is ready for action, use the site to see if you can connect via ActiveSync. If that works, then your Droid should be able to connect as well--there wouldn't be anything else to configure on the server.

Dave Shackelford MVP
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Actually if you do have just Exchange 2003 then the default settings will not be "in pretty good shape". That's why the link I mentioned was created in the first place and has proved so helpful in the past.

Agree with Shackdaddy though that the certificate is definitely a good idea. Suitable ones can be obtained from the likes of GoDaddy at low cost.

Topaki, the link you supplied was for Outlook Anywhere, not for ActiveSync. I think you must have intended to provide a different walkthrough.

You are right about the default install, now that I think about it.

Dave Shackelford MVP
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Problem solved. It turned out that I needed to install SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back