Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help resolving error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyd3r

Technical User
Jan 4, 2005
US
The following error message is what I receive when trying to view scripts on my site:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error?

Thanks!
Spyd3r

Check out the FAQ's here and in the Perl forum
Perl Forum

Chances are that the header you're outputting is being superseded by some other output. It's common for a script to work on one webserver, and then behave like this on Apache (or another RFC Compliant WebServer)

If you post your code, or at least the bit up to where you're printing the header, and any subs executed inline, we can give more information

REgards
--Paul

cigless ...

Somebody also told me that you can throw in the -w and it will resolve the problem. I'm having that same problem on one of my scripts right now, and I still can't quite figure it out.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

cradle,

that line switches on warnings whihc will inform you of potential probelms with your script. It won't make the problem go away, but it'll make it easier to find

--Paul

cigless ...

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies!

The following is the error message I am receiving.

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_parse_into_struct(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in d:\easyphp1-7\ on line 75

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_parse_into_struct(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in d:\easyphp1-7\ on line 75

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed in d:\easyphp1-7\ on line 62

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to desktop.weather.com:80 in d:\easyphp1-7\ on line 62

Weather Servers are all unavailable at the moment

Thanks!
Spyd3r

Spyd3r,

This is a PHP issue, looks like the libraries your scripts ran against originally have been updated, and are now warning that some of the syntax has chaged with reference to the xmlparse script. If it was a ready made, then check out where you sourced it originally, chances are that they're aware of the situation and may have posted a newer version. Or you may have moved webhosts ...?

Other than that look into the PHP forum, they're gonna be more au fait with the issues. You can suppress warnings in PHP, but I can't remeber how, and I lent my PHP books to a buddy in college

Sorry bout that
--Paul

cigless ...

Thanks! Knowing it's PHP even tho it said CGI will help in tracking down the problem! Much appreciated!

Thanks!
Spyd3r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back