Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help repairing Access 2.0 DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpalmer711

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2001
GB
I have a problem with a MS Access 2.0 database. I had a power failure while my computer was writing to a database. Surprise Surprise the DB is now corrupt. When the file is opened up in a Hex Editor viewing 16bits per line. Up to line 1000 is blank. I have tried importing these 1000 lines from a previous copy of the file but i receive the error "Data has Changed, operation Stopped". I am assuming that within these first 1000 lines there is some information that tells access how big the file should be or how many records there are in each of the tables etc...
Is there anyone out there that has any sugestions on how to change the header to take into account the larger file.

I assume you are saying this so that I do not have further problems and that obtaning Access 2000 will not sort my current problems. The reason for using Access 2.0 is because the software that I am using requires Access 2.0. I do own a copy of 2000 if you think that will help repair my corrupt DB

Greg

I myself have a similar problem and also looking for an answer.
What you can do which might solve the problem is compact the database. Atleast this will work with 3.51 DB, but it might also work for your problem.
Unfortuantly it did not solve mine but it seems to solve many problems.

Give it a try, and remember to first make a copy of the file.

Nativ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back