Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help organizing tables. (new pricing database)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens71

Technical User
May 13, 2009
US
I am starting a new database. The fields are as follows.

I have 3 products, which come from 3 different vendors, in 3 different sizes, and in 3 different colors.

The size dictates other values such as shipping wieght so I would like to have a table that only has a size and a shipping weight field.

I also want to have a vendor table with fields for phone, fax etc.

and so on...

I am having difficulty understanding how I can have a form that can allow the end user to assemble all of this information using pull downs. I would want pricing to auto populate, but I also want the ability for the end user to be able to over ride / update the pricing because it can change day to day. It's a vague and loaded question. Any discussion to get me started on the right foot would be helpful.

I am looking for advice on setting up the tables, keeping my end game in mind. Maybe there is a similar example in Northwind or in some other resource that somebody may be able to suggest. I was somewhat efficient with Access SQL and Access VB about 10 years ago, but I almost have to relearn it. I will probably understand suggestions that involve these topics.

Thank you

OK, too long winded. I will try to better develop my question and re-post it.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back