Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help on Upfront Application Error!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edus

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
I am trying to logon Upfront from website. The following error comes out. Could anybody give me some idea how to solve it?

Application Error
The following error has occurred:
Page generation error while preparing a page based on template: content.utml.
Content request fails: RequestId = 1
Unable to retrieve the object of type (NewsBox) with ID (....) from the Upfront data store.
Unable to retrieve the objects of type (NewsBox) from the Upfront data store.

Thanks a lot!!!

Yes. I can. Now it is back to normal. But I really have no idea why this error happened. What I am doing is to publish a cube to upfront. Everytime, it failed during report Save As in Web Browser with this --
The request failed because of an unknown error. Please try again or contact your administrator.

The cube is about 90k. Is it too big for publishing to Upfront? Can I publish it direct from Powerplay Enterprise Server? What limitation does Cognos have on the cube or report size? Thanks!!!

Actually your not publishing the "cube" to Upfront, only a pointer to it, so the size really doesn't matter. In order to publish directly from PPES you will need to setup security in PPES and then you can publish it directly from there.

As far as your other error is concerned, I would ensure that you haven't secured too much in Upfront, the user that your logging in as might not be able to view various folders which is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back