Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help On Physical Inventory or Item Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedsded

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2002
Hello,
We currently have TWO Stock/Whse Locations in Macola. We'd like to add more locations for functions that we want (ie. Sort/Rework floor; WIP for orders; and 2 New Whse/Stock Locations to eventually replace the old TWO Locations. During this process, we will be counting inventories for every transfer for accuracy. Can I accomplish this by just doing Transfer Inventory Transactions where the Transfer to Locations have zero values to start (a fresh start per se)? Is it a must to use the Physical Count Process in Macola were tags are printed? If so, I'd appreciate some other tips or gotchas that I should be aware of. Thanks in advance!

My environment by the way is:
Pervasive SQL 2000; Macola 7.6.2; NO Advance Distribution; NO RMA
Thanks Again!

I see no reason you cannot do an ISSUE from the inventory location and a RECEIPT to the new location without doing tags. You just need to make sure you change the default accounts if necessary and have a good cutoff time. (all shipments, receipts are completed so you have a "real" system inventory to look at).

We do cycle counts like this all the time without doing the physical tag procedure.

What is your Inventory Cost Method. Just think about the thinks that are stored at the item location level, such as cost, re-order levels, etc...

Nemacguy,
I'm using LIFO/FIFO. You said, I should be concerned about the item location level info, shouldn't all this information be automatically transferred/tracked in the new location? If not, Does this mean I have to manually update the new location?

Again, Thanks you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back