Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help on installing win2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypkrishnaa

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
IN
Hi All,
I am new to netwowork my problem is I am trying to install win2000 server on my pc as a standalone server with loopback adapter and localhost as url for iis, and went for default configuration by the system.
Now when start iis services I was able to acess the content through the browser through localhost address.
After that I installed oracle 9i and now when I acess the localhost url it is been taken by oracle http service and oracle contents are getting displayed in the browser and when I tried to start iis it says that address already in use. and the server product webintelligence gives the message object not found this is because oracle is over writting the localhost url.

please help me with this and mail me how I have to configure to resolve this problem.....

Thanks in advance,
y.p.krishnaa.

You need to stop \ disable the oracle web server or change the port that IIS is using.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Hi norton & blin

Thanks for the replies how do I change the port because stopping oracle server will disable the oracle which I have to acess as db server...

Thanks in advance,
y.p.krishnaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back