Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

need help on configuring Auto-att on Mer 1 opt 11r

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingtero

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
Hello, Is there anyone who has configured the auto-att for the meridian 1 option 11. I have added the voice menus and it works just the way i want it ,but i cannot figure out how to get it to answer from our existing attendant dn number after four rings. I can plug any other dn number and it will answer after four rings. Our present attendant is monitored by a receptionist and we ahve a night button for called to divert during off business hours. Im thinking the present attendant has several numbers that come in to the attendant, this is what i need for the auto-att. Also how can i change the number of rings before any dn can be answered.

How are you getting calls to the AA? Is the AA DN set as the AODN?

The AA is configured on the mail side, but not on the pbx side I have assigned a digital 2616 dn and works great ,but this was just to test the voice menus. I have yet to figure out how to use the correct dn number to use for the AA. Presently our attendant has the capability to handle multiple external lines. What type of dn do i have to configure and is it possible to use the dn from our existing attendant for our AA. Which i have already tried. The AA never kicks in after 4 rings. What is a AODN?

How are inbound calls handled currently? Do they ring at console(2250) or on a 2616? Is your intent to have the AA answer all inbound calls?

The attendant handles incoming calls on a designated dn number. after 5:00pm they are directed by the night button.

If you are using a LDN then put the LDN in the Voice Services DN table and direct the number to the AA menu service you built. Make sure the NIT number in CDB is set to voice mail.

That will take your incoming number and roll to voice mail when on nites or if programed correctly for overflow during the day go to voice mail also. If you are using a number on the 2250 console, then treat that number just like the LDN.

At the moment I am not using any dn number for the voice services dn access dn? we will probably not use the AA in night mode. What kind of dn can i use and how can i get the attendant to role over calls after 3 rings to the AA. I really do not know what is the best way to impelement an AA on an existing attendant (2250). The number to get to the attendant is and outside number I cannot even dial the number to get to the att unless i hit the 0 for operator. The voices services requires an inside dn number. I am in the preliminary stage of implimenting the AA, so i am not sure what it needs.

Thank You all for your help

Kingtero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back