Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help on ADO recordset Filter option

Status
Not open for further replies.

hujur

Programmer
Feb 14, 2003
US
Hello,
Am using ado recordset to populate the MSH-grid, but before I "set mshg.recordset = rsXXXX" I want to display only certain rows not all the rows in the grid. I don't want to change the SELECT query. Please Help!

So, set the filter first:

rsXXXX.Filter = &quot;SomeIDField<=&quot;100&quot;
set mshg.recordset = rsXXXX

Thanks for the reply !

The recorset am talking about is disconnected. I need the row for the processing but I don;t want to display to the user. filter option takes it out the row completely.
I know manually we can loop it and do it but any option to do this type of filtering.

Thanks for your help & please reply !

Then first make a recordset clone prior to filtering, or filter the clone and set the data source to the clone.

Set rsClone = rs.Clone

Thanks It works !!!

Hey can you help me with the datasource class, I don't how to do it at all.
I am working on 3 tier application am useing disconnected recordse to display data from table to grid in ui, but to update the row am using the controls means when user clicks the row in grid it populate sthe controls as well as property and when user clicks update or insert it take the data from property and updates or inserts into the disconnected recordset. It looks the lenghy way do you have any shor way to populate the properties at the form load time so whenever the data in the text box changes it should automatically update the property value.

thanks !!!

Please reply !
Thansk for everything

hujur,
hi you doing, I am pulling data into a record set then create a table with last colum have add | edit | delete. I like the idea of Datagrid, can you please send me some sample code in how to use the datagrid. I am using asp 3.0
Also, if you have the code to update disconnected recordset, I would appreciate your help
thanks
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back