Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help Moving OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsurfrider

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
US
OWA works fine on port 80 but I need to move it to a new site in IIS running on TCP/8081. What settings do I need change to accomplish this? Can it be done by hand or should I reinstall OWA ?

Thanks,

Michael Law - MCSE, CCNA, SCSA, MCIW
Qualatech Computer Consulting, LLC

Michael,

Go to Properties for Default Web Server in IIS manager on the Exchange Server machine. On the Web Site tab under TCP Port set the port number you wish to use (8081). Click Apply & OK. Stop and restart the virtual server.

When clients access the virtual server they MUST use the following URL :-
etc.

Where <PORTNUM> is the TCP port you use. Otherwise their web browser will by default use Port 80!

That should be it!

Regards and good luck.

cyg - Thanks for the advice. I fixed the problem but it was a little more involved than I led you to believe...actually than I defined in my first post.

I should have mentioned that this was on an SBS2K server. I had to go into Exchange/Server/Protocol/HTTP and create a new virtual directory using the new port 8081.

What you advised would have worked if I did not need to run another site under port 80. What I really needed was a new, and completely separate site running under a different port.

Thanks again and enjoy the holiday.

Michael Law - MCSE, CCNA, SCSA, MCIW
Qualatech Computer Consulting, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back