Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help Installing External Paging on SV8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortKnox

Technical User
May 10, 2004
US
I need some help installing an external paging system.
I read the SV8100 System Hardware Manual on the PGD(2)-U10 ADP and I am tad bit confused.

I have a functioning overhead paging system now, but its not hooked to the phone system.
It consists of overhead speakers, an amp, and a mic.

I bought a PGD(2)-U10 ADP
I set the internal jumpers for "External Paging Speaker"

Now what?

I have a "Page" mini-rca jack on my CD-CP00. This is "CN9" right? Do I use this "Page" mini-RCA jack, or do I run an unused Digital extension from the SV8100 into the modular jack on the PGD(2)-U10 ADP ?

My 10-21-04 is set to "CN8-Background Music, CN9-External Speaker"

Once these questions get answered, I'll move on to the next questions.

Thanks!

From the manual:

Installing an External Page System
1. Connecting to the CD-CP00-US:
Connect an RCA line from the CN8 or CN9 connector on the CD-CP00-US to the appropriate location on the extension cross-connect block.
2. Connect the two-conductor station cable from the cross-connect block to the external relay/external page.

That's kind of cable hack job isn't it?
Is it really saying to plug a 3.5mm audio cable into CN9, cut the end off, and punch it down on a cross-connect block?

Do they make a cable that's 3.5mm on one end, and RJ11 on the other end?

As per the diagram I sent, RCA jack on CH1 goes to the external paging horn. Jumpers S3 open and S4 closed for channel 1. The CN1 connector goes to a digital station port using a standard line cord.

How did you send the diagram? I dont see it.

OK, so in my case, the RCA jack from CH1 is going to go to the amplifier. That makes perfect sense.

I'll install a digital station jack on the wall next to the phone switch, and verify that a phone works when plugged into it. Then we'll go from there...standby.

Just to clarify, we do NOT use the "Page" jack on the CD-CP00 ?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a1326441-d666-416a-8b85-da671b572316&file=cd-cpoo__99769.1484758932.700.700.jpg
How did you send the diagram? I dont see it.

OK, so in my case, the RCA jack from CH1 is going to go to the amplifier. That makes perfect sense.

I'll install a digital station jack on the wall next to the phone switch, and verify that a phone works when plugged into it. Then we'll go from there...standby.

Just to clarify, we do NOT use the "Page" jack on the CD-CP00 ?

cd-cpoo__99769.1484758932.700.700.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back