Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help ( How to save images using "Save for Web")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward999

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
MY
I save an images that i created as .gif file using "Save For Web", but the size of the images is bigger then i created before i save. It happen when i open back the file using my Adobe IIIustrator. So how to save an images to .gif file using "Save For Web".

Please advice

Thanks in advance,
Edward

Is this done on a Mac? Please give an example of your image and file size: pixel dimensions (H x W) and the file size.

To Save a File to the Web format using 'Save to Web' Create any file in an AI or PSD format, I mean the basic format and then publish it using the 'Save to Web' option from File> Save to Web>

The original file that you created is of generally a file size which is local to its format like a .ai or .psd

What happens when you 'Save to Web' is it converts this format into a more compressed format like what we use .gif or .jpeg and all that

WHAT I THINK IN YOUR CASE HAS HAPPENED IS YOU HAVE STARTED CREATING THE FILE IN A GIF FORMAT Aldready. In that case there is no use again exporting it as a GIF. Just use Save As and Save it to the Gif format again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back