Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help( How to disabled Print button)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward999

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
MY

Hi I am using seagate crystal report v8.5. I need to create a report, where user cannot print only for viewing purpose.
Can anyone help me on this???. How to disbled the print icon or create a report only for viewing.

Please Help.......

Thank in advance

Edward

How are you distributing this CR 8.5 report, via Crystal Enterprise? This is a Crystal Enterprise forum, so I'll assume so.

Use the Manage Objects->Rights->Advanced Rights and select Explicitly Denied.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Thanks synapsevampire for your reply, but i still cannot find where is the "Manage Objects->Rights->Advanced Rights and select Explicitly Denied."

Yes my CR is v8.5 via Crystal Enterprise. Please help....
Thanks in advance.

Edward

You could always edit the toolbar.html file and remove the html code that displays the print icon. It's right down near the bottom.

Thanks seamonkey for your reply, I already found the toolbar.html but when i try to open the file using internet explore, i cannot find where is my print icon.

Actually i want to create 2 report, the first report is for user to view and print the report.

The second report is for user to view only. Can crystal report v8.5 do it???..Please help

Thanks

Edward

In order to amend the toolbar.html file you will need to open it in a text editor not IE.

Hang on a minute, though - this concept will ony work if you've gone down the path of creating a custom toolbar which will also require you to use the DHTML viewer! See the last section in the "Developing a web application" tutorial in the web developers guide opened from the Crystal launchpad. Even then you will have to tailor the browser window so that the IE icons are removed too!

This is what I have done but it is NO small task...and even then having the ability to turn the icon on and off according to which report it was viewing would require further coding that you would have to write yourself.

You may decide that its not that important after all !

P.S. I can't find the "Advanced Rights" that synapsevampire mentions either.

Thanks seamonkey and synapsevampire for your reply. Now i know what to do already, but i still have one question.

Can i create a text using "Insert text object", which user can view this text in the preview screen but cannot print out the text.

I try to supress the text in the "Format Editor", then the text missing. Please Help.....

Thanks a lot.
Edward

I don't think this is possible I'm afraid.

There is an evaluation time function called "WhilePrintingRecords" but it doesn't actually mean what you would like it to - it just instructs a formula to be calculated when it is being written to the screen and not when it is going to a printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back