Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help hiding database window 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allong

Technical User
May 2, 2003
US
How do I hide my database window when I open the database without having a lot of security.

Go to the Tools menu and select Startup.
Clear the checkbox that says:
"Display Database Window"

Neecie I have already unchecked that box. It minimizes the database window but does not hide it. Can I hide the database?

Hi

Create a autoexec macro, use it to open a form in dialog mode. this will hide the database window and disable the F11 key.

Jbleoo, I tried your sugestion and I can still see the database window.

neecie wrote:

Go to the Tools menu and select Startup.
Clear the checkbox that says:
"Display Database Window"

The above has worked everywhere I have seen it. Maybe you have some code that is in your startup procedure that minimizes the database window? If so, comment it out for now. To manually (in code) hide the database window, do this:
Code:
        DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

Thanks everyone. This works great for me. May God bless you and have a wonderful day.

I should have mentioned that you must specify a form for opening the db - otherwise you will still see the db window because Access does not know what else to show!

Thanks Neecie, I did. I am using a swtichboard. Thanks again for all of your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back