Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Help. Getting "Type Mismatch" error when migrating to IIS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuphantom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2001
US
Hello,

I need some help on this one. I've migrated an application from Win2k/IIS 5 to Win2003/IIS 6. The code hasn't changed.

I have a function that I use often throughout my application that I include into each file with <!--#include file="start.asp"-->

When I open the app, the home page actually appears to reference that function correctly, but as soon as you try to go to any 2nd level page the page crashes with Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d' Type mismatch: 'translate' where "Translate" is the name of my function.

This is weird since the code is currently working just fine on IIS 5, and especially weird since it appears to work just fine on the home page on IIS 6... any ideas as to what could cause this?

If it matters, the function is in an included file... and the function call is also in another included file... but it still is on the home page where it works so I don't think that matters much.

Thanks!

Do you have any relevant code? Otherwise, best guess is that something has changed within the function or that the function is referencing something that is no longer available (particulary in the second level pages). Hard to say without a little more information...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

It's hard to post all of the code since it's so massive and on so many different pages. But that's the thing... the code is an exactly copy/paste from my other server which works perfectly.

I was hoping something might ring a bell about some new-fangled security thing I have to turn off in Win2003.

I'll post as much code as possible when I get a chance.

Where is the translate function? And then post the code that calls it from the home page where it works and another where it doesn't. That may help to provide a start. There are changes between IIS 5 and 6, but I can't imagine a Type Mismatch error happening from that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

Maybe the function is in an ActiveX/COM object that is not registered on the new web server machine.

Half way through describing all the code I figured it out.

I'm an idiot.

The error is not coming from the page directly, it is coming from a custom error page I just created that references a SSI file that references the "translate" function but doesn't include the "start" file the function is in.

'course... now I have to figure out why I'm getting the 500 error on the 2nd level pages to cause that in the first place, but I can figure that one out.

Thank you for the help guys!

Reagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back