Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help..getting "cannot Register dll errors'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpowe60

Programmer
Mar 4, 2009
US
I need help regarding installing CR2008/Visual Advantage. I had the evaluation copy of cr2008. My compnay purchased the CR2008 Visual Advantage. Upon calling customer service, I was told that I had to UN-install the CR2008 evaluation copy then install the CR2008. I did the unstall HOWEVER, when I try to install the CR2008 that we purchased, i get the following error..HR -2147024770-"c:\program files\business objects enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\REPORTCONVTOOL.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER"..
I get more that just that one...I have received this before and based upon this formum, i have deleted the regristry in the following using regedit.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BUSINESS OBJECT ;
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\BUSINESS OBJECTS..

Afeter i deleted the keys, I re-boot my pc and try to install the software again...BUT I GET THE SAME ERRORS...I have tryied this several times....what am i missing/not doing correctly..

any ideas/helpful hints of waht I am missing

What is visual advantage? I am pretty sure this is not a Crystal product. Who did you buy it from? That is where I would seek technical advice.

Have you tried to manually register the files in question with regsvr32?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Hi,
Try unregistering that DLL first then try the install -

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi dgillz:

It is a SAP product ( Business Objects) - This is what it says about it here
And with Crystal Reports Visual Advantage, you can gain even more functionality for compelling reports. This bundled product includes Crystal Reports and Xcelsius Engage, giving you the power to create highly formatted reports with what-if scenario models, interactive charts – and deliver them via the Web, e-mail, Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF, or embedded in enterprise applications. As a result, you can leverage your reports to make better operational and strategic decisions.

[profile]

thanks for the information...question how does one
unregister a DLL ?

might be a silly question, but I've never done this before

thanks for the info...i tried the statement aove and got the following..

the specified module could not be found..

my statement was regsvr32 -u C:\reportconvtool.dll

which i guess tell me that it couold not be found..

thanks again...

Hi,
Is the DLL at that location? In your error it specified another place:
c:\program files\business objects enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\REPORTCONVTOOL.DLL

Do a search for it if not there...

[profile]

i TRIED THAT PATH ALSO...EVEN NOW AND RECEVIED THE SAME RESULTS..WITH THE "" AND WITHOUT THE ""

regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\reportconvtool.dll"

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Hi,
Just one more idea...Are you logged in as Administrator when trying the install?

[profile]

no..didn't think that was necessary since i was able to install the evaluaiton copy under my login...as administrator..

again ...thanks for all your help

sorry taht was a miss print...i should have said..

no..didn't think that was necessary since i was able to install the evaluaiton copy under my login...NOT as administrator..

problem solved....don;t know how to closed this

Hi,
One way, and the usual practice, is to tell us how you solved it so it can help others..

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back