Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need help getting IMAT working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I have access to a Windows XP machine but IMAT is saying the connection requires a script to run (pridun.scp)

For the life of me I cannot figure out where in the Dial Up you can assign the script

The IMAT version Im running is 7.7.0.3 which looks right to me but there may be a more up to date version.

Ive tried connecting via IP but I cant get the NSU IP connection to go active. Ive tried x-over and straight with no joy.

Im trying to activate the 2nd PRI link and I have it running to a degree but there are differences that I need to resolve.

Any help would be appreciated

too old for me sorry - i can search for stuff in KMS but not sure what to search for exactly
- no reference of pridun.scp

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Are you trying to config a NSU on a 2K? I've got all of the software going back to 4.0 What do you need?

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

@nytalkin

I have the software and the knowhow and even access to a Windows XP machine to run IMAT.

Problem 1 - the Network port on the NSU is toast so I can't connect via IP
Problem 2 - the Dialup Networking connection requires that the script pridun.scp be applied but I can't for the life of me figure out how.

I can live without configuring the 2nd link on the NSU but it would be sooo much better if I could use it.

Do you have any idea how to configure Dial Up Networking on Win XP to use the script?

You're going to hate this answer but I always used the scripting option in Procomm Plus. I seem to recall the need to run most of the IMAT software in a Windows 95 or 98 formats.
(I could be mis-remembering that) It's been quite a while since I had to deal with an NSU. Do you see ant ARP requests from the unit? I'm going to keep looking for a solution for you.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Into PRI 8.2.1.7.zip\PRI 8.2.1.7\sx2k_E1\Support\gateway.inf you can find dial up networking howto...
LP

Thanks everyone

I had a REALLY bad experience with this system yesterday which reminded me just how fragile everything is.

As much as I would like to have another PRI link available, it's not worth the risk of resetting the NSU to activate the programming.

I'll make do with what I have

The last version of Windows to support Dial-up Networking was Windows 2000. I had a dual boot laptop with 2000 and XP until I used the FTP procedure to upgrade all the NSUs and PRI cards to newer software that supported an IP link for configuration. If you don't want to upgrade your NSU, you can find Windows 2000 .iso downloads and activation keys online if you want to put it on an old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back