Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED HELP from expert for MITEL SX200!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMOK

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
US
We have a hotel running a PMS system from Nova, the phone system is a Mitel sx200 digital and the voicemail is an Active Voice Replay Plus v6.72. We have a series of problems which have all been resolved except for this last one. When a guest checks in, our PMS (Nova) notifies the Mitel and VoiceMail (Active Voice Replay Plus) to open the mailbox for that room. However, when you call that room number and go to voicemail, it says the person has already checked out of that room. I contacted Nova support and they said the communucation between the system is operational, but the Mitel is returning a "noopen" reply back. It appears to be a programming issue on either the Mitel or Active Voice, most likely the Mitel. I am not a phone guy and the one we are using wants to reinstall the whole system or just replace. I think this is stupid and too costly! Please help me
I found the set-up on how to access the Mitel remotely, but do not have the username and password; I only have the password to access the system from the main console.

SMOK,

The way the PMS works on the 200 and voicemail is as follows. Your nova PMS system has 2 interfaces, one that talks to the sx200 and the other talks to the voicemail. A simple way that you can tell where the problem lays is to check a guest in. If the room status on the pbx changes, ie. toll restriction, name, etc. your connection to the pbx is good. If the voicemail does not let you leave a message after a check in than it is not receiving a checkin from the PMS. Also from the "noopen" reply that you state, the SX-200 does not send any messages like that so it is looking like an issue on the voicemail side. Some voicemails will et you do manual checkins through a phone. If so you may be able to use that in your trouble shooting.

Now onto the reason your vendor wants to upgrade you. The Mitel SX-200 digital was discontinued in the early 1990's and was replaced by the SX-200 Light which was discontinued in 1998 and replaced by the SX-200ML/EL which is the current product. As for the voicemail I am not sure of but your PBX is old! Fortunately Mitel has built their platforms in a way that a lot of equipment can be migrated from one generation to the next. I could go on about this for a long time, but that would not be helping you.

Also having access to the PBX programming will not help you with your PMS issue on the voicemail. Even for PMS on the pbx there is very little programming other than turning it on and setting the baud rate.

Simon

Smok,
mitelman is right the sx200 doesn't send a "noopen" message. The problem is the voice mail link and Nova slinging a little bs. If the voice mail sends a noopen message it is followed by a message number and the mailbox that failed. If your room extension number differs from the actual room number, i.e. room 123 extension number is 7123 then Nova needs to add a handler to the room number. This is a normal step for pms vendors. You can also watch the comm. between nova and active voice by:
1. exit the voice mail to the dos prompt.
2. got to the vmail directory
3. edit sbpms.ini
4. find the line "serial to screen" (not sure of the exact words)
5. change value to yes or true
6. restart voice mail
This will display all the communications between the vm and nova on the monitor. A bit messy but you can tell what is happening. Also when you sign in to the vm you can find the code to manually reset a room under the hospitality options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back